The Dunloe is a five star award winning hotel in Co Kerry. On the grounds is a medieval castle that had fallen into disrepair over the years. We were contracted to carry out restoration work to enable the castle to be safely utilised by the guests.
The work involved:
- Provision of full access scaffold to facilitate works.
- Removal and specialist treatment of all plant and ivy growth.
- Extensive masonry repairs including removal of stone walls and rebuilding in lime mortar.
- Repointing of walls.
- Removal of loose render and rendering of exterior walls.
- Metal staircase to facilitate access to the top of the castle.
- Restoration of timber windows.