Construction of St Catherine’s Church in Meath St Dublin commenced in 1852. In January 2012 a devastating fire damaged the whole interior. Conservation & Restoration were contracted to undertake the complete restoration of the Church.
This work consisted of :
- Removal of the lead contaminated paintwork which involved considerable health and safety measures including de contamination units.
- Removing charring from the burnt ceiling and supporting decorative timbers.
- Stripping of the many layers of paint applied over the years to reveal ornate carvings and French Limestone stonework. This was then repaired with new limestone or mortar to match the original.
- All the stained glass windows were restored.
- Construction of new insulated roof with Blue Bangor Slates.
- New parquet flooring in European Oak.
- A new Altar with Bath Limestone steps and paving with Kilkenny Limestone Altar.