Conservation & Restoration have undertaken numerous restoration projects in the Cathedral over the years. In autumn 2012 we commenced the restoration of the Lady Chapel at the east End.
The work consisted of:
- Cleaning down the internal plastered surfaces with sugar soap.
- Removing paint from masonry.
- Cleaning delicate carved stonework.
- Stone carving and mortar repair.
- Repair of plasterwork.
- Cleaning and repair of the 27 stained glass windows.
- Installation of a new lighting and sound system.